[Gluster-users] NFS or Lustre like behavior when client/server becomes unreachable

Michal Pazdera michal.pazdera at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 19:29:12 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm running Gluster 3.5.0 on small test cluster of 4 pcs. I've done some
testing
regarding fail-over and I'd like to ask about some of Glusters behavior.

When data nod or client is disconnected from network the running job
(let's say writing with dd to some file)
on the client hangs for 42 (network.ping-timeout) and then recives error
and ends. Is there any way to force
clients to wait infinate time until connection is reestablished? The
same scenario is when data server goes down
due power loss etc.

What we would like to achieve is the same behavior as NFS or Lustre does
where running client jobs hang until
the target is back online and then continues in the job.

Thanks for any ideas,
Michal Pazdera

---
Tato zpráva neobsahuje viry ani jiný škodlivý kód - avast! Antivirus je aktivní.