[Gluster-users] volume start causes glusterd to core dump in 3.5.0

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Tue Apr 29 23:55:27 UTC 2014

On 29/04/2014, at 10:54 PM, Matthew Rinella wrote:
> I have this result:
>
> openssl-1.0.1e-16.el6_5.7.x86_64

Hmmm, that's the same version as a host here that's working.

> So Im going to admit I also have FIPS mode enabled on my hosts, which is necessary, unfortunately.  This causes a huge problem with puppet because of the crypto algorithms allowed/disallowed.   Im wondering if this is going to be an issue with gluster as well.

Personally, I'm not sure.  This *might* be the case atm.

This sounds like something the product guys (Red Hat Storage) would
be interested in, since playing well with FIPS mode may be needed
for some financial institution/government type customers.

Niels/Kaushal, any ideas?

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat