[Gluster-users] volume options

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 13:57:50 UTC 2014

Hi Tom.

This is a bug.

This feature was introduced to prevent setting some options when old
clients are connected to a gluster volume. This was needed because the
old clients wouldn't be able to understand the newer options, which
could lead to unintended behaviour.

But auth.allow has been available from the beginning and is moreover a
server side option, so it shouldn't have failed. Could you please open
a bug regarding this at [1]. Please add information on your
setup/environment, including glusterfs version, volume information,
the glusterd log files, version of glusterfs clients.

For now, to workaround this bug, unmount all the connected clients and
set the option again.

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=GlusterFS