[Gluster-users] New volume with existing glusterfs data?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Tue Apr 22 09:55:47 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Quoting "Peter B." <pb at das-werkstatt.com>:
> I'm looking for a way to migrate an existing glusterfs volume from a KVM
> client to the KVM host.
> The data on the disks was written and used by glusterfs previously, so I
> guess it should be possible to just use it as-is.

I've found a solution!

I've first stopped/deleted the volume. Then I followed the
instructions on Joe Julian's Blog entry [1], for wiping some gluster
metadata.
Afterwards, I just created the volume on the KVM host normally (as if
it was brand-new), pointing at the existing data folders.

Worked fine.

Regards,
Pb