[Gluster-users] libgfapi failover problem on replica bricks

Paul Penev ppquant at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 16:36:27 UTC 2014

Sorry, I forgot to mention that at this point, restarting gluster on
server 15 leads to reconnect of the KVM client.

[2014-04-21 16:29:40.634713] I
[server-handshake.c:567:server_setvolume] 0-gtest-server: accepted
client from s15-213620-2014/04/21-09:53:17:688030-gtest-client-1-0
(version: 3.4.3)

>From this traces, I'm inclined to point towards KVM's handling of the errors.

The 1.7 trunk that I'm using (stable development) is here:

https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/stable-1.7/block/gluster.c

I don't see anything dealing with connection problems and reconnects.
This is why I assumed that libgfapi is responsible for maintaining
connections to the bricks and to reestablish them as needed (makes
sense, but feel free to prove me wrong).

Paul