[Gluster-users] Would there be a use for cluster-specific filesystem tools?

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Apr 17 14:26:36 UTC 2014

On 16/04/2014, at 2:50 PM, Michael Peek wrote:
<snip>
> I have some ideas of smarter things to try, but I am at best an inexperienced (if enthusiastic) dabbler in the programming arts.  A professional would likely do a much better job.

Don't be stressed about coding standard yet.  Just do the best you can,
as it sounds like it'll be useful regardless of perfection level. :)

More experienced coders can turn up to help out later on, as it gets
used... :)

> But if this data looks at all interesting or useful, then maybe there would be a call for a handful of cluster-specific filesystem tools?

As Joe mentioned, there's definitely Community interest in it. :)

As an additional thought, would you be interested in turning your
email about this into a blog post for the Gluster site, or maybe
creating a reference Howto/article type thing?  (optimal combo
would be having a project created on the Gluster Forge with your
initial tools, + reference Howto article + blog post for attention)

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--