[Gluster-users] Glusterfs Rack-Zone Awareness feature...

COCHE Sébastien SCOCHE at sigma.fr
Tue Apr 15 09:26:19 UTC 2014

HI all,

I have a little question.

I have read glusterfs documentation looking for a replication management. I want to be able to localize replicas on nodes hosted in 2 Datacenters (dual-building).

CouchBase provide the feature, I'm looking for GlusterFs : "Rack-Zone Awareness".

https://blog.couchbase.com/announcing-couchbase-server-25 <https://blog.couchbase.com/announcing-couchbase-server-25>

"Rack-Zone Awareness - This feature will allow logical groupings of Couchbase Server nodes (where each group is physically located on a rack or an availability zone). Couchbase Server will automatically allocate replica copies of data on servers that belong to a group different from where the active data lives. This significantly increases reliability in case an entire rack becomes unavailable. This is of particularly importance for customers running deployments in public clouds."

Do you know if Glusterfs provide a similar feature ?

If not, do you plan to develop it, in the near future ?

Thank's in advance.

Sébastien Coché