[Gluster-users] Gluster NFS crashing

Franco Broi franco.broi at iongeo.com
Tue Apr 15 00:35:18 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 17:29 -0700, Harshavardhana wrote:

> > Just distributed.
> >

> Pure distributed setup you have to take a downtime, since the data
> isn't replicated.

If I shutdown the server processes, wont the clients just wait for it to
come back up? Ie like NFS hard mounts? I don't mind an interruption, I
just want to avoid killing all jobs that are currently accessing the
filesystem if at all possible, our users have suffered a lot recently
with filesystem outages.

By the way, how does one shutdown the glusterfs processes without
stopping a volume? It would be nice to have a quiesce or freeze option
that just stalls all access while maintenance takes place.