[Gluster-users] libgfapi failover problem on replica bricks

Fabio Rosati fabio.rosati at geminformatica.it
Wed Apr 9 08:19:43 UTC 2014

Hi Paul,

you're not alone. I get the same issue after rebooting a brick belonging to a 2 x 2 volume and the same is true for João P. and Nick M. (added in cc).

[root at networker ~]# gluster volume info gv_pri

Volume Name: gv_pri
Type: Distributed-Replicate
Volume ID: 3d91b91e-4d72-484f-8655-e5ed8d38bb28
Number of Bricks: 2 x 2 = 4
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: nw1glus.gem.local:/glustexp/pri1/brick
Brick2: nw2glus.gem.local:/glustexp/pri1/brick
Brick3: nw3glus.gem.local:/glustexp/pri2/brick
Brick4: nw4glus.gem.local:/glustexp/pri2/brick
Options Reconfigured:
storage.owner-gid: 107
storage.owner-uid: 107
server.allow-insecure: on
network.remote-dio: on
performance.write-behind-window-size: 16MB
performance.cache-size: 128MB

I hope someone will address this problem in the near future since not being able to shutdown a server hosting a brick is a big limitation.
It seems someone solved the problem using cgroups: http://www.gluster.org/author/andrew-lau/
Anyway, I think it's not easy to implement because cgroups is already configured and in use for libvirt, if I had a test environment and some spare time I would have tried.

Regards,
Fabio Rosati