[Gluster-users] Survey of GlusterFS implementation details?

Alan Orth alan.orth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 06:51:46 UTC 2014

Hi, all.

As I was tinkering with my GlusterFS setup, I was just thinking about
how useful it would be to have some sort of stats on peoples' GlusterFS
implementations.  Things like:

- Ethernet or Infiniband?
- TCP or RDMA?
- Fiber or copper?
- RAID or JBOD?
- Hardware RAID or software (md?) RAID
- XFS or ext4 or ZFS or btrfs?
- RHEL or Ubuntu?

This could lower the barrier of entry to people who are new to GlusterFS
and need help making decisions.  Also, the data would just be
reallllllly interesting!

It could be as simple as a Survey Monkey, unless someone has a better
idea for something more formal / professional...

Cheers,

--
Alan Orth
alan.orth at gmail.com
http://alaninkenya.org
http://mjanja.co.ke
"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone." -Bjarne Stroustrup, inventor of C++
GPG public key ID: 0x8cb0d0acb5cd81ec209c6cdfbd1a0e09c2f836c0