[Gluster-users] Glusterfs version

John Mark Walker johnmark at gluster.org
Mon Apr 7 15:15:05 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> On 04/07/2014 10:07 AM, yalla.gnan.kumar at accenture.com wrote:
>
> The .../3.4.2/Ubuntu.README has instructions for using Semiosis' PPA. If
> you don't add the PPA to your system then you get the old glusterfs-3.2
> that Ubuntu ships.
>
> Semiosis is working on getting Ubuntu to ship a newer version.

Last I checked it will be included in the Universe repository for 14.04.

The problem will be the QEMU integration bit - I'm not sure the libvirt or QEMU builds in the base repo will have Gluster support, which means the version of GlusterFS shipping with Ubuntu, while at least a recent version, may still be somewhat crippled.

-JM