[Gluster-users] No performance difference using libgfapi?

Carlos Capriotti capriotti.carlos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 14:05:45 UTC 2014

I second that comment !

Boy, I was chasing ghosts until very recently, regarding disk
configurations (physical RAID).

I had a 4 x 1 TB SAS disks, configured as RAID5 on a Dell PERC 6, and
thought that would be good enough.

My network throughput would not go over 280 Mbps and I was blaming Linux.

Then I finally decided to test disk speed with:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/localvolume bs=512k count=17000

Much to my surprise it reported something like 35-40 Mbytes/s.

I then changed my layout to RAID 10 and the same test bumped results to 400
Mbytes/sec. Average network throughput now is around 600 mbps, with spikes
of 750 mbps.

Ah... You might want to make sure your network is set to use jumbo frames.

Cheers,

Carlos