[Gluster-users] linux flash filesystems and GlusterFS

Carlos Capriotti capriotti.carlos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:41:49 UTC 2014

Hi.

i am not very familiar with those filesystems you mentioned, but as a rule
of thumb, a FS for gluster has to support extended attributes, so, this is
a good way to start: check if you can tdo that.

Also, when setting gluster with the recommended configuration, you are
supposed to use XFS, and the inodes have to be defined with -i size=512.

If experimenting with other FS, make sure you can set the inode as well,
just to be in the safe side.

EXT4 is not a good option right now, just in case you are wondering. Lots
of discussion and documentation on those issues in past threads of the list.

Cheers.