[Gluster-users] IP failover in QEMU-Glusterfs native integration using libgfapi?

Chenggang ZHANG cgzhang.hk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 06:08:02 UTC 2014

Hi Dan,

Even with Glusterfs 4.3.2, we still need some extra steps to make native
integration with QEMU work, you can find more details from
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Building_QEMU_with_gfapi_for_Debian_based_systems

As for the qcow2 image importing, you can do it in two ways:
(1) The FUSE approach:
       mount -t glusterfs //brickServerIp/volumeName /mnt
       qemu-img convert -f raw -O qcow2
path-to-the-source-raw-image-file /mnt/imageName.qcow2
(2) The native approach, e.g., qemu-img convert -f raw -O qcow2
path-to-the-source-raw-image-file
gluster://brickServerIp/volumeName/imageName.qcow2

Good luck!

Best Regards,
Bob