[Gluster-users] IP failover in QEMU-Glusterfs native integration using libgfapi?

Chenggang ZHANG cgzhang.hk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 03:59:26 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I am using QEMU 1.7.0 and GlusterFs 4.3.2 and have carried out necessary
configurations to enable QEMU-Glusterfs native integration (i.e., using
libgfapi instead of FUSE).

On the server side, I have configured a volume named "image" using two
bricks on two different machines "brk1" and "brk2". And a qcow2 image
*centos.qcow2* has been imported to Glusterfs.

On the client side (e.g., the KVM host), the configuration "-drive
file=gluster://*brk1*/image/centos.qcow2" is used when starting a KVM
VM. The VM boots successfully.
When it's running, I shut down the machine brk1 on purpose and want to
see whether the KVM VM can automatically switch to use "-drive
file=gluster://*brk2*/image/centos.qcow2" (i.e., IP failover).
Unfortunately, the VM crashes.

I am writing to ask whether the feature "IP failover" in QEMU-Glusterfs
native integration is supported. Thanks so much for your kind help!

Best Regards,
Bob ZHANG