[Gluster-users] Very poor performance - 2 Peers, 500KB = 14 Seconds

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 13:53:13 UTC 2013

this sounds like it may be any number of issues.
With out more information about your hardware, configuration, and the
version of Gluster you are using its hard to say with any certainty
what the problem could be.
I would start with looking at the network interfaces to see if they
are getting saturated or having any issues my self.
tools like netcat, and iftop should be useful for figuring out if your
network is performing well.
Then I might start looking at the ram to see if the box is swapping
which might cause IO wait, and there are still many other
possibilities.