[Gluster-users] Very poor performance - 2 Peers, 500KB = 14 Seconds

Michael Post michael_post at web.de
Fri Sep 27 22:21:59 UTC 2013

Hello together,

very interesting.

i switched to xfs filesystem. But same situation. For my proposes both filesystems are perfect fast.

Then i did a benchmark with command 'dd'

Tried with 'dd if=/dev/zero of=/share/mounted_glustered_dir/test.img bs=1M count=1000'.

Perfect write speed! Also at the replicated peer.

500MB in perfect less than 10 Seconds, also at the replicated peer.

But when i copy many files from a to mounted glustered dir, then the write speed broke into KB-Range.

Any clue what this can be?

Thanks a lot,

Michael