[Gluster-users] Gluster + Cinder

Derek Yarnell derek at umiacs.umd.edu
Fri Sep 27 14:21:12 UTC 2013

On 9/27/13 7:34 AM, John Mark Walker wrote:
> This is for Havana, which has the libgfapi-nova integration. In which
> case, it shouldn't need to mount volumes but you're correct that it
> doesn't do iscsi, either.
>
> I haven't tried this personally, so I'll ping someone who has and see
> what they say.

So using RDO libgfapi-nova would need a much more recent version of
QEMU/KVM (1.3?) or a back-ported version that RedHat would provide with
the feature enabled.  It seems currently the RDO repos don't have an
newer version of qemu-kvm than that which ships with RHEL 6.4.

In the absence of libgfapi-nova does nova fall back to try to just
attach the volume from a expected gluster fuse mount on the hypervisor
host?  If so how does the hypervisor host expect to have the fuse mount
available as none of the docs talk about needing to mount gluster fuse
on a hypervisor node as far as I can tell.

Thanks,
derek

--
---