[Gluster-users] NFS crashes on Gluster 3.4.0

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Sep 25 13:16:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:20:02 +0200
"Maik Kulbe" <info at linux-web-development.de> wrote:
<snip>
> Is there anything we could do to prevent this or at least something to find the cause of this? At the moment we have the ugly workaround to check the NFS status via cron and restart the server if necessary but that's nothing we find suitable for larger deployments..

As mentioned by Vijay and Santosh, the fix for this has
been added to the Git repository, and will be in the next
3.4.x release of Gluster.

Which OS are you using?  If it's something rpm based
(RHEL/CentOS/Fedora), building your own RPMs from git
source is very easy:

  http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/CompilingRPMS

You would build from the "release-3.4" branch, with the
resulting RPMs being drop in replacements for the existing
ones.

Does that help?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift