[Gluster-users] Poor performance with fseek()

Hoggins! fuckspam at wheres5.com
Tue Sep 10 13:40:39 UTC 2013

Hello list,

I'm looking for some information that would help me understand why I
have poor performance using fseek() ina PHP script accessing "big files"
(about 200MB).
The files are audio files, that I need to serve with Apache, and allow
the "Range" functionality, so a user is able to seek a particular moment
during the playback on his preferredonline audio player.

Problem is : when the user opens the file, or starts a normal download,
everything is fine, but when he requests a specific part of the file and
the scripts issues a fseek() to get to that part, there is a huge
traffic peak and the Apache servers takes a few loooong seconds to
respond with the file chunk.

My setup is composed of two replicated bricks, very simple setup, no
tuning options. The client machine mounts the Gluster volume through
glusterfs.

Is there anything that I could tune to make it work properly ?

    Thanks for your help !

        Hoggins!