[Gluster-users] Rebalance question

Anand Avati avati at gluster.org
Wed Sep 4 13:54:30 UTC 2013

Fred,
Questions regarding RHS (Red Hat Storage) are best asked with Red Hat
Support rather than the community. That being said, upgrading from one
version to another does not alter hash values / layouts and no new
linkfiles will be created because of the upgrade. You will see new hash
values and linkfiles if you add servers and run a simple rebalance. The
recommended way to eliminate linkfiles is to perform a full rebalance which
involves data migration.

Avati