[Gluster-users] Hardware Sizing Requirments

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 16:40:39 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 12:48 AM, Bobby Jacob <bobby.jacob at alshaya.com> wrote:
> Both the gluster nodes are virtual machines. We have EMC storage available on both the sites. The LUN's from EMC storage is presented to both these nodes. I was thinking, we present LUN's from either storage to the gluster nodes present on either sites. These LUN's will be then mounted on the gluster nodes (bricks) using xfs filesystem. Then I create a gluster volume using them and mount that volume on the application servers (2) that's present on either site. Both these sites are connected using a dedicated 2GBps dark fibre.

I'm not sure this makes a whole lot of sense... I don't know much
about your EMC storage setup, but it seems to me you're just trying to
pass it through gluster for no particular reason. If you've got some
sort of EMC san, I think it makes sense to use that directly. You can
think of gluster as a SAN replacement, not a layer on top of an
existing one. But this is all just speculation based on what I'm
assuming.