[Gluster-users] Hardware Sizing Requirments

Bobby Jacob bobby.jacob at alshaya.com
Sun Sep 1 04:48:27 UTC 2013

HI,

Both the gluster nodes are virtual machines. We have EMC storage available on both the sites. The LUN's from EMC storage is presented to both these nodes. I was thinking, we present LUN's from either storage to the gluster nodes present on either sites. These LUN's will be then mounted on the gluster nodes (bricks) using xfs filesystem. Then I create a gluster volume using them and mount that volume on the application servers (2) that's present on either site. Both these sites are connected using a dedicated 2GBps dark fibre.

What we are looking for with this setup is to implement a dropbox like concept for users. Each user will be 1GB quota available to them. This is being done by the application itself. The only restriction we plan to impose is to restrict the maximum size of the file that the user can upload.

Thanks & Regards,
Bobby Jacob