[Gluster-users] Upgrade 3.0 to 3.2.x

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Wed Oct 30 15:51:01 UTC 2013

On 10/30/2013 09:02 PM, Lysa Milch wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm running a gluster 3.0 installation with a distributed volume.  I
> need to upgrade this to gluster 3.2.x with a new
> distributed-replicated volume. I've seen the upgrade doc
> (http://gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.0_to_3.2_Upgrade_Guide)
> but that covers moving it to a similar volume type.
>
> Is there a way to upgrade ( and is there documentation ) to upgrade
> and change the volume type?
> Thanks!

Regarding changing of volume type, you can do it post upgrade, by using
add-brick command as per your  requirement. I have pasted a example here
I changed the volume from distributed to distributed-replicate.

# gluster v info

Volume Name: patchy
Type: Distribute
Volume ID: 3b02338f-949b-459c-9c13-fd4c63d91d31
Number of Bricks: 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: dhcp159-54/bricks/patchy-b11
Brick2: dhcp159-54:/bricks/patchy-b12
Options Reconfigured:
features.quota-deem-statfs: on
features.quota: on

[root at dhcp159-54 ~]# gluster v add-brick patchy replica 2
dhcp159-54:/bricks/patchy-b13 dhcp159-54:/bricks/patchy-b14
volume add-brick: success

[root at dhcp159-54 ~]# gluster v info

Volume Name: patchy
Type: Distributed-Replicate
Volume ID: 3b02338f-949b-459c-9c13-fd4c63d91d31
Number of Bricks: 2 x 2 = 4
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: dhcp159-54:/bricks/patchy-b11