[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.4 on RHCS with OCF resource agents

Emir Imamagic eimamagi at srce.hr
Wed Oct 30 12:55:31 UTC 2013

Hello,

by looking at the source code I managed to find answer to my second
question - yes :)

In order to run multiple glusterd on the same host one needs to provide
option transport.socket.bind-address in the volfile, e.g.
/etc/glusterfs/glusterd-1.vol:
---
volume management
     type mgmt/glusterd
     # don't forget to change the working-directory
     option working-directory /var/lib/glusterd-1
     option transport-type socket,rdma
     option transport.socket.keepalive-time 10
     option transport.socket.keepalive-interval 2
     option transport.socket.read-fail-log off
     option transport.socket.bind-address XX.YY.ZZ.AA
end-volume
---
In addition to different address and working directory one has to define
different PID file when starting the service:
  glusterd -f /etc/glusterfs/glusterd-1.vol -p /var/run/glusterd-1.pid

Finally when using the CLI one has to specify to which glusterd to connect:
  gluster --remote-host=XX.YY.ZZ.AA
After that business as usual by using virtual IPs.

With this knowledge I think I'll be able to make the OCF resource agents
work. Even if not I can always use service resource agent with two
modified init.d scripts.

Cheers,
emir

--