[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.4 on RHCS with OCF resource agents

Emir Imamagic eimamagi at srce.hr
Wed Oct 30 11:58:17 UTC 2013

Hello,

Gluster 3.4 provides OCF resource agents which should enable nice
integration with RHCS. We would like to deploy gluster on two RHCS nodes
with storage provided via iSCSI. Volume will be distributed and the idea
is to have RHCS migrate iSCSI LUN & gluster daemon to a single node in
case of failure of one node. Due to a limited storage we cannot go for
replicated volume.

We have a similar setup with earlier version of Gluster (3.0) that
enabled specification of IP address that each gluster daemon should use.
This enabled usage of virtual IPs and integration with RHCS with service
resource agent.

Questions are:
1. Is there any documentation on how to use OCF resource agents? I
checked the source code (glusterd and volume) and the metadata, but
couldn't figure out how to get two glusterd instances on a same node.

2. Is it possible to have multiple glusterd instances on a same machine
using virtual IP?

Thanks in advance
--
Emir Imamagic