[Gluster-users] metadata for stat : Should it be identical?

Anand Avati avati at gluster.org
Fri Oct 25 19:18:27 UTC 2013

After a self-heal, mtimes of the two files will be *exactly* the same,
because we explicitly set the mtime using utime() call.

In normal operations they will differ as much as the time drift between the
servers + lag in delivery/issue of write() calls on the servers. This delta
is "fixed up" by consistently returning the highest of the two mtimes
whenever queried.

Avati