[Gluster-users] metadata for stat : Should it be identical?

Brad Childs bdc at redhat.com
Fri Oct 25 16:14:48 UTC 2013

If the replica took n+1 day to complete, then returning the highest value would show that the file was modified a full day after the user considered it modified. Shouldn't it be the lesser value (if both replicas are consistant)?

I n support of James statement f rom a user perspective, I may want to know the last time I wrote some data to a file-- timestamp is metadata for the user. Showing the date gluster completed replicating the file to another node is confusing.

-bc