[Gluster-users] data going missing with 3.3.x

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Mon Oct 7 20:17:46 UTC 2013

Hi folks

   We've run into this issue a few years ago, filed bugs, and been told
that its been fixed.

   Unfortunately, we still have customers using 3.3.x (x=1 ... ) whom
are running into data loss, in the sense that data gets written, and
then disappears from the volumes.  We developed some tools a while ago
to help with these issues
(http://download.scalableinformatics.com/gluster/utils/data_mover.pl),
and it looks like they are still problematic for a few of our users.

   Does anyone else run into this?  I am just trying to get a sense for
this, and figure out exactly what sort of debugging we want to do
relative to this.  Update to new GlusterFS may not be an option for
these users.

   Thanks.

Joe

--