[Gluster-users] new to gluster, is this possible?

John Mark Walker johnmark at gluster.org
Mon Oct 7 14:40:36 UTC 2013

One thing to be aware of - which kernel version you're using and the fuse module included in it. If it supports readdirplus on Fuse, the performance increases quite a bit on read-heavy workloads:

http://lwn.net/Articles/532705/

I don't know if CentOS 6.4 has it backported or not, but 6.5 will. Likewise, recent versions of Ubuntu and Fedora with kernel version 3.8+ will have it.

-JM