[Gluster-users] Maildir issue.

W K wkmail at bneit.com
Mon Nov 25 07:35:40 UTC 2013

Well as the person who had the issue, I'd like to point out the following:

a) I had already suggested that the Gluster doc site link to Joe's blog
in my original discussion <grin>

b) At the time, I wasn't aware of the 32/64 bit issue, so even though I
had been to Joe's blog several times, while we were busy creating
split-brains and other testing, I wouldn't have searched that article
for the fix to my files not being LISTed in the pop3 service.

Remember everything about our Gluster setup worked great otherwise.

The title of the Blog would have to be related to how someone google's
the  issue such as 'Files not being shown on Gluster', rather than the
current title which assumes you are familiar with the 32bit on 64 issue.

I had used the quick setup instructions to get going, so a quick 32/64
bit discussion there would have been the best place to at least warn the
user of a potential 32/64 issue.

As an aside, there is lot of good stuff about Gluster found by Googling.
However, one thing a new has to do is figure out what is still relevant
given all the recent Gluster improvements and that makes trouble
shooting much tougher.

For example, whether or not Ext4 is still problematic.

-bill