[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Revised dates for GlusterFS 3.5

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri Nov 15 04:44:16 UTC 2013

On 11/05/2013 07:11 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On 10/29/2013 01:19 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have updated the release schedule for 3.5 at:
>>
>> http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Planning35
>>
>> Branching is scheduled for next Monday and your help in reviewing
>> pending patches for inclusion in GlusterFS 3.5 would be more than
>> welcome!
>

> Due to multiple requests, I have moved branching to next Monday and test
> day to the Friday since then.
>
> Please note that this would be the final revision and features that come
> after Monday will appear in GlusterFS 3.6.

Though we intended last Monday to be the cut-off, some patches did
trickle in slowly and it was definitely good to have them for 3.5. Hence
moving the branching date one last time to Monday, 18th November.

I have released a 3.5qa1 release from mainline and will have more test
releases after we branch on Monday. Testing/Regression feedback from qa1
release would be very welcome. The first test day has been moved to 29th
November to give us enough time to write howtos on using the new
features in 3.5.

The release planning page has been updated with the new dates.

Thanks,
Vijay