[Gluster-users] changing volume from Distributed-Replicate to Distributed

lukas.bezdicka lukas.bezdicka at gooddata.com
Mon Nov 4 12:57:54 UTC 2013

Hi, I would say it's quite OK unless you don't shrink the distribute.

For example volume with replica 2 distribute 2 would look like:
_/test1:/test
 \test2:/test
_/test3:/test
 \test4:/test

if your gluster volume heal test info is empty (eg theres nothing to
heal) it should be fairly safe to remove test2:/test and test4:/test
with:
gluster volume remove-brick test replica 1 test4:/test test2:/test

but I would test it first on your gluster version!