[Gluster-users] glusterfs missing files on ls

Davide Poccecai poccecai at gmail.com
Thu May 30 09:19:51 UTC 2013

Hi Stefano,
sorry if I suggested trivial checks, but in system administration sometimes
people make a little configuration typo and everything ends up in a big
mess...
Anyway, I'm not a glusterfs guru, so I'm not sure that I can help you much
more with your problem.
What I would suggest, though, is to have a look at the few diagnostic tools
that glusterfs provides.
In the same Admin guide that I mentioned earlier, chapter 7.8 discuss about
self-healing, that the version of gluster you have should perform
automatically. However, the manual chapter also suggests some commands to
asses the status of the volumes and you might be able to extract useful
information about what went wrong in your volume, like for example:

gluster volume heal *VOLNAME* info

which should provide info about the files that need healing across the
bricks.
There are also some other options that let you get info about the volume
status, so that's probably a good place to start from...
Best regards,

Davide