[Gluster-users] Replication issue. Synchronous / Async..

Venky Shankar yknev.shankar at gmail.com
Tue May 21 13:47:53 UTC 2013

i,

Asynchronous replication in GlusterFS is Geo-replication, which is
replicating data between two GlusterFS clusters. You cannot create a
asynchronous replicated volume.

Basically, you create two volumes in different geographies and then setup
"asynchronous replication" b/w the two. The volumes itself could be pure
distribute, pure replicate or distributed-replicate.

Thanks,
-venky