[Gluster-users] Gluster quotas, NFS quotas, brick quotas, quota-tools
leoboiko at namakajiri.net
Fri Mar 1 21:56:46 UTC 2013
I'd like to try to migrate our NFS-based network to gluster, for replication.
We currently use an ext4 filesystem with quota enabled. We have a
couple thousand users (over LDAP), and their quotas vary wildly. We
manage them with edquota(8) on the NFS server. There are many
services which mount the NFS filesystem, and parse the output of
/usr/bin/quota (a webmail, two mail servers, various webpages, etc.)
I read the chapter on quotas in the admin guide, but I kind of don't
understand yet how does Gluster directory quota relate to the usual
quota stuff. Questions:
- Is there any way to make Gluster use the ext4 disk quotas, or at
least import them?
- I don't think edquota will work anymore?
- If I mount a gluster filesystem with type=glusterfs, will
/usr/bin/quota be able to read quotas from it?
- If not, can I otherwise read my quotas from the client?
- If I mount a gluster filesystem using NFS, can the client read
quotas with /usr/bin/quota as usual?
More information about the Gluster-users