[Gluster-users] glusterfs and Samba v4.0 domain controller

Mark Carbonaro mcarbonaro at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 27 06:11:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have been trying to setup glusterfs to provide sysvol replication for Samab 4.0 domain controllers, replication of the files works really well and I am happy with that.

What doesn't seem to work is the user_xattr setting on files as these are need to set the correct permissions in Samba for the "Windows" permissions, I get an operation not permitted when trying to apply the correct permissions.  The filesystem used to store the bricks has xattr enabled as gluster is able to set the xattr for its uses without an issue.

Has anyone managed to get this working correctly or have any suggestions for how the best achieve this?  I am running glusterfs v3.3.1 on CentOS v6.4

Many thanks,
Mark