[Gluster-users] Rev Your (RDMA) Engines for the RDMA GlusterFest

John Mark Walker johnmark at johnmark.org
Thu Jun 20 22:58:49 UTC 2013

It's that time again – we want to test the GlusterFS 3.4 beta before
we unleash it on the world. Like our last test fest, we want you to
put the latest GlusterFS beta through real-world usage scenarios that
will show you how it compares to previous releases. Unlike the last
time, we want to focus this round of testing on Infiniband and RDMA
hardware.

For a description of how to do this, see the GlusterFest page on the
community wiki:

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/GlusterFest

Run the tests, report the results, and report any bugs you found as a result.

As an added bonus, use this mailing list as another outlet for your
testing. After reporting the results on the GlusterFest page, report
them here, too, and other users can confirm – or counter – your
results.

Find a new bug that is confirmed by the Gluster QE team, and I'll send
you a free t-shirt (see image below).

Testing starts in a matter of minutes – 00:00 UTC on Friday, June 21
(that's 5pm PT/8pm ET today) – and wraps up 24 hours later.

Happy testing,

JM