[Gluster-users] Separate replication/self-healing and access traffic

Sven Knohsalla s.knohsalla at netbiscuits.com
Mon Jun 10 11:10:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

@Joop:
thanks for your info! :)
To be honest I planned the same here, as iptables will work, but also brings some extra CPU load and network latency with it.

@all:
I read in the documentation, the Gluster server pool automatically tells  the GlusterFS client which storage server it should use,
So even if I just tell the client one server, the client will know the complete pool with all peers, right?

Is there any layer in the Gluster stack which balances the client requests over all GlusterFS servers or does it make sense to use DNS RR here?
Thanks in advance for your info!

Best,
Sven.

Sven Knohsalla | System Administration | Netbiscuits

Office +49 631 68036 433 | Fax +49 631 68036 111  |E-Mail s.knohsalla at netbiscuits.com | Skype: netbiscuits.admin
Netbiscuits GmbH | Europaallee 10 | 67657 | GERMANY