[Gluster-users] Separate replication/self-healing and access traffic

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 9 11:32:49 UTC 2013

Hi Sven,

> just read the official documentation and googled for separation of
> storage replication /self-healing networking & storage-access network
> via NFS/GlusterFS-client,
>
> but I couldn't find a clear answer.
>

> Is it possible to separate replication & access network with the options
>
> option transport.socket.bind-address
>
> option auth.addr.brick.allow
>

> ?
>

> If so, is it possible to run native glusterFS or do I have to use NFS
> for storage access and  first option to allow server-side replication?
>

> Is there any issues I may run into or I didn't pay attention at this
> point?

I have implemented a kind of split dns solution whereby the managment
layer resolves to a different network then the storage interface. I'm
using oVirt with gluster in this way and thing work rather smoothly.
Solution of Jeff  works too but as he says in his blog, using iptables
is less transparant and using splitdns had the advantage that is will
work or not if you forget to add a node to the storage dns zone.
oVirt engine sees stor_srv01 as 192.168.1.1 but the storage layer sees
it as 10.1.1.1 for example.

Still got question? go ahead.

Regards,

Joop