[Gluster-users] Separate replication/self-healing and access traffic

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Jun 7 18:46:11 UTC 2013

On 06/07/2013 02:08 PM, Sven Knohsalla wrote:
 > just read the official documentation and googled for separation of storage
 > replication /self-healing networking & storage-access network via
 > NFS/GlusterFS-client,
 >
 > but I couldn’t find a clear answer.
 >
 > Is it possible to separate replication & access network

There's no official support for it, but it is possible.  I describe some of the
relevant techniques here:

http://hekafs.org/index.php/2013/01/split-and-secure-networks-for-glusterfs/

Those instructions are probably not complete by themselves, but those plus a
bit of experimentation will probably get you going.  We do have a (vague) plan
to add better multiple-network at some point, but it's not clear when that will
actually happen.