[Gluster-users] GlusterFS (3.3.1) - performance issues - large number of LOOKUP calls & high CPU usage

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Thu Jun 6 14:07:08 UTC 2013

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 10:39:21 -0300
Pablo <paa.listas at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have never try this (In fact I'm just learning a bit more how to
> administer a Gluster server.), buy you may find it useful.
>
> http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/doc/HA%20and%20Load%20Balancing%20for%20NFS%20and%20SMB.html
>
> Pablo.

The thing with this way of failover is though, that you will likely corrupt a
currently written file. If your NFS-server (gluster) node dies while you write
your file will be corrupt. If you use native glusterfs mounts it will not
(should not). This is why I consider the NFS server feature nothing more than
a bad hack. It does not deliver the safety that glusterfs promises, even if
you solve the failover problem somehow.

Stephan