[Gluster-users] [FEEDBACK] Governance of GlusterFS project

Anand Avati anand.avati at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 17:26:16 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

  We are in the process of formalizing the governance model of the
GlusterFS project. Historically, the governance of the project has been
loosely structured. This is an invitation to all of you to participate in
this discussion and provide your feedback and suggestions on how we should
evolve a formal model. Feedback from this thread will be considered to the
extent possible in formulating the draft (which will be sent out for review
as well).

  Here are some specific topics to seed the discussion:

- Core team formation
  - what are the qualifications for membership (e.g contributions of code,
doc, packaging, support on irc/lists, how to quantify?)
  - what are the responsibilities of the group (e.g direction of the
project, project roadmap, infrastructure, membership)

- Roadmap
  - process of proposing features
  - process of selection of features for release

- Release management
  - timelines and frequency
  - release themes
  - life cycle and support for releases
  - project management and tracking

- Project maintainers
  - qualification for membership
  - process and evaluation

There are a lot more topics which need to be discussed, I just named some
to get started. I am sure our community has members who belong and
participate (or at least are familiar with) other open source project
communities. Your feedback will be valuable.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Avati