[Gluster-users] Authentication.txt username/password

Ray Powell rpowell1 at uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 23 05:14:07 UTC 2013

Howdy,
  I was looking over the latest release of gluster and saw
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/doc/authentication.txt
in the repo and saw the lines about username and password auth.  Is
there any docs explaining how authentication works or is setup.  I
failed at finding anything.
  Mainly I was curious if it was something that can be used to control
mounting the volume on a client or is for adminstrative stuff like
"gluster peer probe"  and "gluster volume delete"?. Is it something you
config from the CLI, or do you have to manually modify vol files?

--
Raymond Powell
Systems Administrator