[Gluster-users] Gluster version....

Kaleb KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Jul 18 11:42:32 UTC 2013

On 07/17/2013 09:56 PM, Jay Vyas wrote:
> hi gluster :
>
> Okay so ive been playing around in my vm, and wanted to check my
> version.  Here is the output:
>
> [root at fedoravm glusterfs]# gluster --version
> glusterfs 3git built on Mar 27 2013 20:39:59
> Repository revision: git://git.gluster.com/glusterfs.git
> <http://git.gluster.com/glusterfs.git>
> Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Gluster Inc. <http://www.gluster.com>
> GlusterFS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> You may redistribute copies of GlusterFS under the terms of the GNU
> General Public License.
>

> I just noticed that no actual gluster version is pringted ?  Am I
> missing something ? Or is this just because I built it from source, so
> it simply doesnt tag the version when you build from source?

You're running version 3git, i.e. the version that's displayed when you
build from source.

When you install the Official Community RPMs from
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.4/3.4.0/ you'll get
3.4.0, and that's the version that will be displayed. There are packages
there for EPEL (RHEL, CentOS, etc), Fedora, and Ubuntu; Debian packages
are coming soon.

For Fedora-18 and -19 the Software Install app and yum will give you
3.3.1 or 3.4.0beta4 respectively at present. In another week or so those
will be updated to 3.3.2 and 3.4.0, and not long after that f18 will be
updated again to 3.4.0.

--

Kaleb