[Gluster-users] One node goes offline, the other node can't see the replicated volume anymore

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 22:05:21 UTC 2013

On 15 Jul 2013, at 21:22, Greg Scott <GregScott at infrasupport.com> wrote:

> # The fstab mounts happen early in startup, then Gluster starts up later.
> # By now, Gluster should be up and running and the mounts should work.
> # That _netdev option is supposed to account for the delay but doesn't seem
> # to work right.

It's interesting to see that script - that's what's happens to me with 3.3.0. If I set gluster mounts to mount from fstab with _netdev, it hangs the boot completely and I have to go into single user mode (and edit it out of fstab) to recover, though gluster logs nothing at all. Autofs fails too (though I think that's autofs not understanding mounting an NFS volume from localhost), yet it all works on a manual mount.

Sad to see you're having trouble with 3.4. I hope you can make it work!

Marcus