[Gluster-users] One node goes offline, the other node can't see the replicated volume anymore

Greg Scott GregScott at infrasupport.com
Thu Jul 11 23:43:53 UTC 2013

So back to the problem at hand - I think what's going on is, both nodes fw1 and fw2 try to satisfy reads from fw1 first.  That's why fw2 can't find the /firewall-scripts file system when it becomes isolated from fw1, and why fw1 always seems to be able to find it.  What makes fw1 so important?  Near as I can tell, because fw1 is the first in the list and I used node fw1 to set up my Gluster volume.

So after putting up with me for page after page of text digging into the problem details, is there anything we can do to tell Gluster to satisfy reads locally, especially when the other brick is offline?

Thanks

- Greg