[Gluster-users] One node goes offline, the other node can't see the replicated volume anymore

Greg Scott GregScott at infrasupport.com
Thu Jul 11 23:29:42 UTC 2013

Oh yes - This question will come up about how I do failover in my application and somebody is bound to remind me that initiating a failover just because heartbeat goes away isn't good enough.  All I can say is, yes, I know.  I fail over if and only if the active partner does not answer on its heartbeat interface, and does not answer on all Internet, all LAN, and all optional DMZ interfaces, and if the default gateway does answer.  I do a failover if and only if all those those conditions are true.

But none of this is relevant to my Gluster issue and that's where I need some help.

Thanks

- Greg