[Gluster-users] Giving up [ was: Re: read-subvolume]

HL freemail.grharry at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 15:55:18 UTC 2013

Been there ...
here is my 10cent advise
a) Prepare for tomorrow
b) Rest
c) Think
d) Plan
e) act

I am sure it will work for you when calmed

Tech hints.
ifconfig iface mtu 9000 or whatever your nic can afford
Having a 100Mbit is not a good idea.
I 've recently located a dual port 1Gbit nic on ebay for $15 USD
Get them.

And last but not least
In case you happen to have a switch between the nodes make sure that you
enable jumbo frames on it.
Otherwise you are in DEEP Trouble.

stat' ing a 120G file in my case takes miliseconds not even seconds.

GL
Harry.