[Gluster-users] problem expanding a volume

Joshua Hawn josh at picloud.com
Tue Jul 2 01:46:50 UTC 2013

I've had this issue recently. The error occurred because I tried adding a
brick that was previously part of another volume. If this is the case for
you, then this article may be helpful:
http://joejulian.name/blog/glusterfs-path-or-a-prefix-of-it-is-already-part-of-a-volume/

You'll need to install the 'attr' package to remove the attributes of the
brick directory that specify that it already belongs to another volume.